ADVANCE WARS TANK (+SPECIAL GUEST)

This one is was a really quick build - and so the write up is brief... I based the overall design on the tank shown here, but I added some stuff...
















Some plans were drawn, which were mainly for scale - as for speed and time I changed some minor details depending on what materials I had to hand and what looked better in the moment.

  

The entire tank is built from scratch out of styrene. I had a hard time working out how to do tracks thought... Then I got lucky and found some Lego caterpillar tracks which weirdly fit perfectly - Honestly so perfectly, like, to the millimeter.

Some other pieces were taken from my box of not-want (recycled plastic). I kind of kit-bashed myself. Pieces include knees from my Slig, fuel rods from the Hunter and old favourites - ping pong balls and bits of pen.

It needed a gruff bloke sticking out of the top of it though... So who better than the solider from Team Fortress 2.





the mesh seen here is from a cheap plastic sieve, and the other rectangular shapes are buckles from an old bag I had...





No comments:

Post a Comment